Field notes

Notes on Notion, focus and the small tools that help

64 practical articles on building Notion systems, learning languages and running a small digital business. Written from our own workspaces, updated when the tools change.

Languages

Showing 10–18 of 42
Languages

French Subjunctive Made Easy with This Notion System

The subjunctive isn't hard because the conjugations are tricky. It's hard because you can't predict when to use it. Here's a Notion system that drills the triggers, not the verbs.

7 min read · 4 Jun 2026
Languages

Why I Switched from Apps to Notion for Learning French

After two years of language apps and a streak I was proud of, I still couldn't hold a conversation. Here's why I moved my French learning into Notion, and what changed.

7 min read · 4 Jun 2026
Languages

French Grammar Tip of the Week: The Notion Edition

A weekly French grammar tip is only useful if you can find it again. Here's how to run a Tip of the Week series inside Notion so each tip compounds instead of scrolling away.

6 min read · 4 Jun 2026
Languages

How I Use Notion to Learn French: My Real Setup

A behind-the-scenes look at my actual Notion setup for learning French: the four databases I use every day, how they connect, and the exact daily routine.

7 min read · 4 Jun 2026
Languages

HSK Grammar Checklist for Each Level

A level-by-level breakdown of the grammar you need for HSK 1 through 6, plus a Notion checklist setup to track every point against the exam.

8 min read · 4 Jun 2026
Languages

Free: 100 Essential Chinese Grammar Points (Notion Database + PDF)

A free, ready-to-use Notion database of the 100 most essential Chinese grammar points — filterable by level and pattern — plus a printable PDF for offline review.

6 min read · 4 Jun 2026
Languages

Best Notion Templates for Chinese Language Learners (2025)

A practical roundup of the Notion template types every Chinese learner should have, what each one is for, and how to tell a genuinely useful template from bloat.

7 min read · 4 Jun 2026
Languages

Mandarin Sentence Patterns Tracker: My Notion System

A walkthrough of the exact Notion system I use to track Mandarin sentence patterns, so structures move from recognized to usable instead of fading after the lesson.

7 min read · 4 Jun 2026
Languages

HSK Preparation: Organizing Chinese Grammar in Notion

A practical Notion setup for HSK prep that turns scattered grammar notes into a structured, filterable database you actually review before the exam.

6 min read · 4 Jun 2026